« Hamas: The Grinch That Ruins Ramadan |
| This Date in Blog History »
6 Reasons You Won't See Any Photos of an Anti-Hamas Electricity Rally
AFP reports that Hamas police violently broke up a protest against electricity cuts. Here are six reasons you won't see any wire photos of this:
1. Hamas only allows journalists to cover anti-Israel vigils.
2. Identifying photo credits would endanger the photographer, and threaten access for his or her news agency.
3. Free lance photographers who lack the support of a news agency aren't going to place their careers and freedom at risk.
4. Any photographer tipped off ahead of time would risk being associated with the PFLP, which organized the rally.
5. Using stock photos of anti-Israel electricity protests is closer to Big Media's groupthink that everything's Israel's fault anyway.
6. Burying the coverage obviates the need for images anyway.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference 6 Reasons You Won't See Any Photos of an Anti-Hamas Electricity Rally :